The Jabatix Workbench is implemented in the Eclipse platform as an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with a set of tools for information management, process automation, and reporting or providing transformed downstream data sources.
The workbench is primarily organized into perspectives and explorers, with additional tabbed windows configured to allow for all necessary development activities in a logical, integrated fashion.
The following functions work in an integrated fashion to support the business objectives of a Jabatix Workbench project:
- Managing data sources: the Database Development perspective
- Creating and maintaining Business Objects to wrap a wide variety of data sources (from flat and CSV files, to Excel spreadsheets, to relational database tables) and implement transformations, process flows and reports: the Model Design perspective
- BIRT Reporting Engine is also available for download as an alternative to Jabatix reporting
- Custom programming and deployment with the Groovy DSL Cantor script, with the Groovy script, and/or with functions implemented in Java
- Workflow automation with process flows: interactive or batch modes
- Support for SVN-based model management