The Jabatix Workbench, which is based on the Eclipse platform, provides application programmers with a comprehensive set of functions to develop customer-oriented solutions. Hence, Jabatix-based solutions can be used in very diverse business sectors.
The key enabling tools and features are:
- Encapsulated access to a wide variety of data sources, from flat files (.csv), to Excel spreadsheets, to relational databases; specific queries can even be directly integrated with the logical data source binding
- Business Objects (BOs): object-based containers that serve to integrate data sources, apply the required functionality (format consistency, data cleansing, aggregation, calculations), to produce and visualize results quickly
- With the Jabatix Cantor scripting language, a Groovy DSL (Domain-Specific Language), with an easy-to-use, pointerless, Microsoft Visual Basic-like syntax, customization scripts can be quickly and efficiently programmed and deployed, even by junior programmers and savvy web developers
- Jabatix workbench also supports Groovy scripts and integrating Java classes: this flexibility makes the Jabatix “layer” between data sources and destinations highly efficient and capable of even the most sophisticated processing
- The Jabatix process flow feature provides workflow automation capabilities in real-time, it can also be activated event- or time-section-controlled
- Jabatix supports report generation with the Jabatix's own Datapoint Report Generator or with Eclipse BIRT; other forms of visualization can be generated programmatically